Cod Modern Warfare Update

     So, I think I'm done with Modern Warfare. As you might know, I absolutely loved the first weeks I had with this game. It was fun, it was nostalgic, I was ranking up, enjoying myself  to the very max. I had fun with my buddies, and we were trying things like Shield and Knife, Rpgs, and other pretty toxic loadouts just for the fun of it.
     But that's not how I feel now. I feel bored. I hit rank 100 about a week ago, and haven't touched the game since. I would've probably stopped earlier had I not been so close to a numerical milestone. The Skill Based Match Making (SBMM) has ruined the game for me, like many others who voice their opinion on forums and reddit and such. I consider myself pretty decent at the game, and climbed the unseen skill ladder to a point where I can't relax when I play. I am no longer able to sit back and chat with my buddies while doing decently. But now there's no point. There are much better competitive games out there if you want to scratch that itch, League, Dota, CS, whatever you'd like.
     I could go into specifics, like weapon balance, camping, bad maps, claymores, and everything else. Even with the recent patches it just feels rough. It feels like the effort I put in gets rewarded by requiring more effort. I payed 60 dollars to put in 24 hours, and that's it for me. Unless they make some basic changes to the fundamentals of the game, I have no reason to return.
     If you are looking into buying the game, go ahead if you like cod, it'll be worth your money by the time you finish or get bored with it. But I wouldn't recommend it if you want something deep. We're talking fast food vs a steak dinner or something. Go get your fries, but I'm afraid we won't have anything like MW3 or BO2 for dinner for a while, if ever.

Thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting good at games.

New Call of Duty

Waking up in the morning.