New Call of Duty

     So, I purchased the new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) when it came out. I had a blast, by myself, with buddies, with people I met online. All and all it was a good time. But I think I enjoyed it so much not only because of the game, but the nostalgia associated it.
     I grew up playing call of duty, it was the first game I poured myself into. MW2 that is. My friends and I used to gather at my house, and spend hours on split screen, just 1v1ing and such. It was an absolute banger. I carried this over to MW3, Black Ops, Black Ops 2, playing countless hours and days prestieging and playing a whole lot of those games. It brought my friends closer together, and gave me something to do when it was too hot or cold to go outside.
     Eventually though, I found my love for PC games, I had a crappy laptop that I ran countless games of Payday 2 and Counter Strike: Global Offensive on. I didn't have high frames, or a lot of skill, but I had a blast of those games. Slowly my Playstation was being left by the wayside as my steam library grew. I went on to build my own PC, and thousands of hours into shooters, rpgs, rts, and all other categories alongside netflix on my second monitor. CoD was left by the wayside.
     This year, that changed. This new game brought me back to where I feel I grew up. Sure, it's a fantastic game, but it's more so being able to relive an experience from a simpler times. I can reconnect with all my old buddies using cross-platform, and it makes for something great.
     I'm only level 30something, but I don't think I have even begun. I intend to play this game till the death of it, even just casually, because it holds something much deeper for me. Sure, the game isn't incredibly different from the old games, but it posses new polish and gameplay mechanics.
     I am aware this was kind of a ramble, but I am just so happy this game allows me to play something casual with my friends, and scratch the CoD itch I've kept all these years.

Love you,
HS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting good at games.

Waking up in the morning.